The Edge Solo Appearances
Below are listed all of the appearances by The Edge, where he does not perform with all of U2.
The Edge Solo Dates
- 1981-02-11: Unknown Bar, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
While hanging out with a photographer in a bar, Bono and Edge entertain, with Bono on piano.
- 1986-12-31: Home of The Edge, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge and Larry join other musicians at a New Year's Eve party at the home of The Edge for a song.
- 1987-11-22: Antone's, Austin, Texas
After the band performs in Austin, Bono and The Edge are joined by Dr. John, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and T-Bone Burnett at a club. It is not known what they performed.
- 1987-12-18: KUPO Studios, Tempe, AZ, USA
Bono and The Edge are interviewed on radio, and play a couple of songs including "Lost Highway".
- 1988-10-29: Cine Gran Via, Madrid, Spain
Bono and The Edge perform "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" at the Spanish premiere of Rattle and Hum.
- 1989-03-11: National Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge join B.B. King at his concert in Dublin for two songs.
- 1989-10-21: Triple M Studios, Sydney, Australia
Bono debuts "Slow Dancing" on Australia radio after a performance in Sydney.
- 1992-01-15: Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York, NY, USA
The Edge joins a number of musicians on a number of tracks at the end of the night at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony.
- 1993-01-31: Thalia Theater, Hamburg, Germany
Bono and The Edge attend the Festival Against Racism and perform "One" with Jo Shankar on violin.
- 1993-02-11: Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge, Bono, and Larry Mullen perform "Big River" with Johnny Cash.
- 1993-09-02: Universal Amphitheatre, Los Angeles, California
The Edge performs solo at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1995-09-12: Parco Novi Sad, Modena, Italy
Bono and the Edge, joined by Brian Eno, and Pavarotti, sing a number of songs at the Pavarotti and Friends concert.
- 1995-11-19: unknown, London, England
Bono and The Edge join an orchestra to perform a birthday tribute for Frank Sinatra. The TV program was taped on November 19, and Bono and The Edge may have been recorded earlier. The show airs on December 14, 1995.
- 1996-05-15: Church of the Assumption, Howth, Ireland
All of U2 attend the funeral of Hot Press writer Bill Graham, and Bono and The Edge join with other musicians to perform "Tower of Song."
- 1996-11-10: Temple Bar Music Centre, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge attends a benefit concert, and may have performed, for Ken Saro-Wiwa, a Nigerian writer.
- 1997-05-15: B.B. King's Blues Club, Memphis, Tennessee
Taking a break from the PopMart tour The Edge ends up singing with the house band while Larry Mullen looks on.
- 1997-06-20: Tosca's, San Francisco, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge go drinking with Oasis and end up singing songs at the bar. This followed the show in Oakland.
- 1999-04-22: Unknown Venue, London, England
Bono and The Edge appear on BBC2 on a program about Salman Rushdie, and they perform "The Ground Beneath Her Feet."
- 2000-02-26: Teatro Ariston, San Remo, Italy
Bono and The Edge appear and perform two songs at the San Remo Music Festival.
- 2000-03-17: Eammon Doran's, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and the Edge appear on TFI Friday and perform "The Ground Beneath Her Feet."
- 2002-01-11: Centre for Mathematical Science, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
The Edge sings "Happy Birthday" at Stephen Hawking's 60th birthday.
- 2002-02-25: Hanover Quay Studio, Dublin, Ireland
U2 minus Adam Clayton perform "Beat on the Brat" for the NME Awards via a pre-recorded video.
- 2002-04-19: Burlington Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge perform a song at a retirement party for politicians John Hume and Seamus Mallon.
- 2002-11-17: Ambassador Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge joins Wyclef Jean and his band on stage for two songs.
- 2002-12-09: New York Public Library, New York, NY, USA
World premiere of Gangs of New York and Bono and The Edge are on hand to sing "The Hands That Built America" after the show.
- 2003-01-09: Burlington Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge perform acoustically.
- 2003-02-20: NBC Studios, New York, New York
Bono and the Edge are interviewed and perform on the Today show. The show airs February 26.
- 2003-02-21: New York Marriott Marquis, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform three songs at the MusiCares Person of the Year Award honoring Bono.
- 2003-06-05: Fonda Theatre, Los Angeles, California
- 2003-10-31: RTÉ Television Centre, Dublin, Ireland
- 2003-12-13: Teatro Communale, Modena, Italy
- 2004-03-19: Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
- 2004-09-04: Barretstown Castle, Ballymore Eustace, Ireland
- 2004-11-18: Clinton Presidential Center and Library, Little Rock, Arkansas
- 2006-02-23: Gil's Apartment, Salvador da Bahai, Brazil
Bono and The Edge are at the home of Gilberto Gil, a Brazilian pop star, and are coaxed onto the balcony of his apartment to sing "Vertigo" and other songs.
- 2006-04-27: Preservation Hall, New Orleans, Louisiana
- 2006-04-29: Fair Grounds Race Course, New Orleans, LA, USA
- 2006-04-29: Banks Street Bar & Grill, New Orleans, LA, USA
- 2006-04-29: Maple Leaf Bar, New Orleans, Louisiana
- 2006-11-17: Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne, Australia
- 2007-11-23: Union Chapel, London, England
- 2008-06-27: Hyde Park, London, England
- 2008-10-16: Sam's Chowder House, Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
- 2008-10-26: Kodak Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 2008-12-07: O2, Dublin, Ireland
- 2009-09-15: Concert Hall at the Masonic Temple, Toronto, Canada
- 2010-01-22: Hospital Club, London, England
Bono and The Edge join Rihanna and Jay-Z as part of the Hope for Haiti Now telethon. The song "Stranded" is a new one written by Bono and Jay-Z.
- 2010-02-08: Urban Zen, New York, New York
The Edge attends a dinner hosted by Donna Karan for Haiti Relief. Edge is photographed on stage with Mary J. Blige, but it is not clear that the two did perform.
- 2010-06-26: Glastonbury (Worthy Farm), Pilton, England, United Kingdom
U2 had to cancel on Glastonbury, but Edge makes it to see Muse perform and joins them on stage for "Where the Streets Have No Name."
- 2010-09-04: Ataturk International Airport, Istanbul, Turkey
U2's appearance in Turkey is met with press and fans in the middle of the night at the airport. Bono and The Edge give a performance of "Desire".
- 2010-09-10: Sony Pictures Studios, Culver City, California
- 2010-10-21: Cipriani, Wall Street, New York, NY, USA
- 2011-04-14: Bar Secreto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Bono, The Edge, and Larry join Dom Howard from Muse singing karaoke and performing with local musicians.
- 2011-05-25: Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge appear with Spider-Man star Reeve Carney on American Idol and debut "Rise Above," a song from the musical.
- 2011-07-18: Ed Sullivan Theatre, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge appear on Late Night with David Letterman and perform "Stuck in A Moment You Can't Get Out Of."
- 2011-10-15: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge join in to honour Bill Clinton for his charitable work and his birthday, at the A Decade of Difference concert. They perform seven songs. Bono also sings a song with K'Naan earlier in the night.
- 2012-08-19: Club 55, Sant-Tropez, France
Edge and Bono join the band Phly Boyz on stage at the club for a version of The Beatles' "Help."
- 2012-09-27: Grosvenor House Hotel, London, England, United Kingdom
The Edge performs with Bryan Ferry at a fundraiser for two children's hospitals.
- 2013-05-31: Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, USA
U2 perform "Sunday Bloody Sunday" for an upcoming release called Agit8.
- 2013-10-24: Unknown, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge sing "Happy Birthday" at the Harvard School of Public Health's 100th anniversary celebrations. They appear via video, and it is not know if it is live or not.
- 2013-11-23: Sotheby's Auction House, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform at a (RED) auction and after party with Chris Martin, Angelique Kidjo, Nile Rodgers and Chic.
- 2013-12-01: Julian Schnabel's Apartment, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform at a small private memorial for Lou Reed.
- 2014-05-11: Cafe Habana, Malibu, CA, USA
Bono and the Edge do karaoke at a birthday celebration.
- 2014-05-23: La Osteria, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
At a small restaurant in Mexico, Larry spots a drum kit and starts to play and is soon joined by Bono and The Edge for "Desire."
- 2014-12-01: Times Square, New York, NY, USA
- 2015-06-21: Hyde Park, London, England, United Kingdom
- 2015-07-29: The Cutting Room, New York, NY, USA
The Edge and Adam Clayton join tribute band "The Joshua Tree" onstage to perform two songs.
- 2015-11-02: O2 Arena, London, England, United Kingdom
Bono and The Edge perform with a string section for the TV special, Sinatra which was broadcast on December 6.
- 2015-12-01: Carnegie Hall, New York, NY, USA
Six songs are performed at "A Night of Music: Celebrating 10 Years of ONE and (RED)" and Bono and the Edge are joined by Hozier, Jessie J., and Miley Cyrus.
- 2016-03-19: Guerin Pavilion, Santa Monica, CA, USA
- 2016-04-30: Sistine Chapel, Vatican City, Vatican
The Edge performs three songs at the Sistine Chapel with a young Irish Choir.
- 2016-07-01: Starmus Festival, Arona, Spain
- 2017-01-21: 6th Street and Broadway, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Edge performs with Juliette Lewis, Abby Travers, and Brad Wilk at the Los Angeles Women's March.
- 2017-07-01: Parliament Hill, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Bono and The Edge help Canada celebrate the 150th anniversary of the founding of the country, appearing on Parliament Hill to perform "One."
- 2017-11-27: Voila! Creative Studios, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 2017-11-30: American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform three songs at the 2017 American Museum of Natural History Gala.
- 2017-12-04: SiriusXM Studios, New York, NY, USA
- 2018-04-09: St. Mary's Church, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge attend, and sing at the funeral of Dave Kavanagh.
- 2018-05-14: Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and perform a number of songs.
- 2018-06-30: Waterfront, Bourne, MA, USA
Bono and The Edge do a short acoustic show for winners of a radio contest on Mix 104.1. Many more watch from the water.
- 2018-12-24: The Gaiety Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and the Edge join other artists including Glen Hansard, Imelda May, and Danny O'Reilly, for a Christmas Eve busk outside the Gaiety Theatre.
Related Discography: The Edge SoloA list of all the solo projects by The Edge For full news please visit our news page.