The Edge Solo Appearances
Below are listed all of the appearances by The Edge, where he does not perform with all of U2.
The Edge Solo Dates
- 1976-12-31: The Hamlet, Johnstownbridge, Ireland
The Edge and Larry Mullen play with The Drifting Cowboys, a country act, and this is the first time either get paid for performing.
- 1977-01-02: The Hamlet, Johnstownbridge, Ireland
Edge and Larry Mullen play a second show with The Drifting Cowboys, their first paid gigs as musicians.
- 1978-11-22: St. Anthony's Hall, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge both make appearances with others at the Dublin Punk Festival.
- 1981-02-11: Unknown Bar, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
While hanging out with a photographer in a bar, Bono and Edge entertain, with Bono on piano.
- 1982-08-31: Sutton Castle, Howth, Ireland
The Edge, Adam and Larry join Paul Brady for a jam at Bono’s wedding reception.
- 1986-12-31: Home of The Edge, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge and Larry join other musicians at a New Year’s Eve party at the home of The Edge for a song.
- 1987-11-22: Antone's, Austin, Texas
After the band performs in Austin, Bono and The Edge are joined by Dr. John, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and T-Bone Burnett at a club. It is not known what they performed.
- 1987-12-18: KUPO Studios, Tempe, AZ, USA
Bono and The Edge are interviewed on radio, and play a couple of songs including “Lost Highway”.
- 1988-10-29: Cine Gran Via, Madrid, Spain
Bono and The Edge perform “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” at the Spanish premiere of Rattle and Hum.
- 1988-12-13: Simmonscourt, Royal Dublin Showgrounds (RDS), Dublin, Ireland
The Edge joins Bryan Ferry in concert on a performance of “Carrickfergus”.
- 1989-03-11: National Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge join B.B. King at his concert in Dublin for two songs.
- 1989-10-21: Triple M Studios, Sydney, Australia
Bono debuts “Slow Dancing” on Australia radio after a performance in Sydney.
- 1992-01-15: Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York, NY, USA
The Edge joins a number of musicians on a number of tracks at the end of the night at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony.
- 1993-01-31: Thalia Theater, Hamburg, Germany
Bono and The Edge attend the Festival Against Racism and perform “One” with Jo Shankar on violin.
- 1993-02-11: Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge, Bono, and Larry Mullen perform “Big River” with Johnny Cash.
- 1993-09-02: Universal Amphitheatre, Los Angeles, California
The Edge performs solo at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- 1995-09-12: Parco Novi Sad, Modena, Italy
Bono and the Edge, joined by Brian Eno, and Pavarotti, sing a number of songs at the Pavarotti and Friends concert.
- 1995-11-19: unknown, London, England
Bono and The Edge join an orchestra to perform a birthday tribute for Frank Sinatra. The TV program was taped on November 19, and Bono and The Edge may have been recorded earlier. The show airs on December 14, 1995.
- 1996-05-15: Church of the Assumption, Howth, Ireland
All of U2 attend the funeral of Hot Press writer Bill Graham, and Bono and The Edge join with other musicians to perform “Tower of Song.”
- 1996-11-10: Temple Bar Music Centre, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge attends a benefit concert, and may have performed, for Ken Saro Wiwa, a Nigerian writer.
- 1997-05-15: B.B. King's Blues Club, Memphis, Tennessee
Taking a break from the PopMart tour The Edge ends up singing with the house band while Larry Mullen looks on.
- 1997-06-20: Tosca Cavfe, San Francisco, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge go drinking with Oasis and end up singing songs at and on the way to the bar. This followed the first show in Oakland.
- 1999-04-22: Unknown Venue, London, England
Bono and The Edge appear on BBC2 on a program about Salman Rushdie, and they perform “The Ground Beneath Her Feet.”
- 2000-02-26: Teatro Ariston, San Remo, Italy
Bono and The Edge appear and perform two songs at the San Remo Music Festival.
- 2000-03-17: Eammon Doran's, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and the Edge appear on TFI Friday and perform “The Ground Beneath Her Feet.”
- 2002-01-11: Centre for Mathematical Science, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
The Edge sings “Happy Birthday” at Stephen Hawking’s 60th birthday.
- 2002-02-25: Hanover Quay Studio, Dublin, Ireland
U2 minus Adam Clayton perform “Beat on the Brat” for the NME Awards via a pre-recorded video.
- 2002-04-19: Burlington Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge perform a song at a retirement party for politicians John Hume and Seamus Mallon.
- 2002-11-17: Ambassador Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge joins Wyclef Jean and his band on stage for two songs.
- 2002-12-09: New York Public Library, New York, NY, USA
World premiere of Gangs of New York and Bono and The Edge are on hand to sing “The Hands That Built America” after the show.
- 2003-01-09: Burlington Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge perform acoustically.
- 2003-02-20: NBC Studios, New York, New York
Bono and the Edge are interviewed and perform on the Today show. The show airs February 26.
- 2003-02-21: New York Marriott Marquis, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform three songs at the MusiCares Person of the Year Award honoring Bono.
- 2003-06-05: Fonda Theatre, Los Angeles, California
The Edge appears at a Daniel Lanois concert in Los Angeles, playing on three songs.
- 2003-10-31: RTÉ Television Centre, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge appear on <em>The Late Late Show</em> with Daniel Lanois to celebrate Irish film director Jim Sheridan.
- 2003-12-13: Teatro Communale, Modena, Italy
Bono and The Edge attend the wedding of Luciano Pavarotti and Nicoletta Mantovani, and at the reception Bono sings “All I Want is You”.
- 2004-03-19: Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
U2 attend a dinner to honor Gavin Friday, hosted by the Irish Hospice Foundation. Both Bono and The Edge perform during the evening.
- 2004-09-04: Barretstown Castle, Ballymore Eustace, Ireland
The Edge performs with Paul McCartney at a charity event.
- 2004-11-18: Clinton Presidential Center and Library, Little Rock, Arkansas
Bono and The Edge perform at the dedication for the Clinton Presidential Library in Arkansas.
- 2006-02-08: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
U2 perform at the Grammy Awards. Mary J. Blige joins them for the performance of “One” and The Edge performs as part of an all-star tribute to New Orleans.
- 2006-02-23: Gil's Apartment, Salvador da Bahai, Brazil
Bono and The Edge are at the home of Gilberto Gil, a Brazilian pop star, and are coaxed onto the balcony of his apartment to sing “Vertigo” and other songs.
- 2006-04-27: Preservation Hall, New Orleans, Louisiana
The Edge attends the re-opening of Preservation Hall as part of Music Rising. The Edge joins the Preservation Hall Jazz Band for a performance of “Vertigo”.
- 2006-04-29: Fair Grounds Race Course, New Orleans, LA, USA
The Edge appears at Jazz Fest in New Orleans, performing with the New Birth Brass Band and the Dave Matthews Band.
- 2006-04-29: Banks Street Bar & Grill, New Orleans, LA, USA
The Edge joins a local band on stage, it is his third guest appearance with other artists that day.
- 2006-04-29: Maple Leaf Bar, New Orleans, Louisiana
The Edge joins Trombone Shorty for a performance at the Maple Leaf Bar.
- 2006-11-17: Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne, Australia
Bono and The Edge appear with Pearl Jam at a Make Poverty History concert.
- 2007-11-23: Union Chapel, London, England
Bono and The Edge appear at “Little Noise Sessions” hosted by Mencap to play four songs including the recently released “Wave Of Sorrow”.
- 2008-06-27: Hyde Park, London, England
Bono and The Edge appear via screen at the Nelson Mandela 90 concert.
- 2008-10-16: Sam's Chowder House, Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge perform at an annual meeting of Elevation Partners, of which Bono is a founding partner.
- 2008-10-26: Kodak Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono and Edge perform at the annual Thelonious Monk Gala, joining B.B. King on stage.
- 2008-12-07: O2, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge perform a couple of songs to celebrate the reopening of the O2 where the songs were initially rehearsed.
- 2009-09-15: Concert Hall at the Masonic Temple, Toronto, Canada
Bono and The Edge make an appearance on Spectacle, a show hosted by Elvis Costello, and perform a number of songs.
- 2010-01-22: Hospital Club, London, England
Bono and The Edge join Rihanna and Jay-Z as part of the Hope for Haiti Now telethon. The song “Stranded” is a new one written by Bono and Jay-Z.
- 2010-02-08: Urban Zen, New York, New York
The Edge attends a dinner hosted by Donna Karan for Haiti Relief. Edge is photographed on stage with Mary J. Blige during her performance, but it is not clear that he performed. MTV news reports “Blige pulled U2 guitarist the Edge up with her for a feel-good moment.”
- 2010-09-04: Ataturk International Airport, Istanbul, Turkey
U2’s appearance in Turkey is met with press and fans in the middle of the night at the airport. Bono and The Edge give a performance of “Desire”.
- 2010-09-10: Sony Pictures Studios, Culver City, California
The Edge performed during the Stand Up 2 Cancer telethon, pre-recorded from a location in Europe. The performance includes Stevie Wonder, Martina McBride and others.
- 2010-10-21: Cipriani, Wall Street, New York, NY, USA
The Edge appears on stage with Sam Moore at Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation.
- 2011-04-14: Bar Secreto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Bono, The Edge, and Larry join Dom Howard from Muse singing karaoke and performing with local musicians.
- 2011-05-25: Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge appear with Spider-Man star Reeve Carney on American Idol and debut “Rise Above,” a song from the musical.
- 2011-07-18: Ed Sullivan Theatre, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge appear on Late Night with David Letterman and perform “Stuck in A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of.”
- 2011-10-15: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge join in to honour Bill Clinton for his charitable work and his birthday, at the A Decade of Difference concert. They perform seven songs. Bono also sings a song with K’Naan earlier in the night.
- 2012-08-19: Club 55, Sant-Tropez, France
Edge and Bono join the band Phly Boyz on stage at the club for a version of The Beatles’ “Help.”
- 2012-09-27: Grosvenor House Hotel, London, England, United Kingdom
The Edge performs with Bryan Ferry at a fundraiser for two children’s hospitals.
- 2013-05-31: Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, USA
U2 perform “Sunday Bloody Sunday” for an upcoming release called Agit8.
- 2013-05-31: Inside Out Art Project, New York, NY, USA
Bono and the Edge do a short acoustic version of “Sunday Bloody Sunday” at the Inside Out Art Project studio.
- 2013-10-24: Unknown, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge sing “Happy Birthday” at the Harvard School of Public Health’s 100th anniversary celebrations. They appear via video, and it is not know if it is live or not.
- 2013-11-23: Sotheby's Auction House, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform at a (RED) auction and after party with Chris Martin, Angelique Kidjo, Nile Rodgers and Chic.
- 2013-12-01: Julian Schnabel's Apartment, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform at a small private memorial for Lou Reed.
- 2014-05-11: Cafe Habana, Malibu, CA, USA
Bono and the Edge do karaoke at a birthday celebration.
- 2014-05-23: La Osteria, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
At a small restaurant in Mexico, Larry spots a drum kit and starts to play and is soon joined by Bono and The Edge for “Desire.”
- 2014-12-01: Times Square, New York, NY, USA
Bono is injured and cannot make this performance, so Larry, Adam and the Edge perform five songs with guest vocalists.
- 2015-06-21: Hyde Park, London, England, United Kingdom
The Edge joins Nile Rodgers on stage at the British Summer Time 2015 Festival for a performance of “Good Times.”
- 2015-07-29: The Cutting Room, New York, NY, USA
The Edge and Adam Clayton join tribute band “The Unforgettable Fire” onstage to perform two songs.
- 2015-11-02: O2 Arena, London, England, United Kingdom
Bono and The Edge perform with a string section for the TV special, Sinatra which was broadcast on December 6.
- 2015-12-01: Carnegie Hall, New York, NY, USA
Six songs are performed at “A Night of Music: Celebrating 10 Years of ONE and (RED)” and Bono and the Edge are joined by Hozier, Jessie J., and Miley Cyrus.
- 2016-03-19: Guerin Pavilion, Santa Monica, CA, USA
The Edge performs as part of the Kaleidoscope Gala with Jacknife Lee, and students from the New Roads School which hosts the Gala.
- 2016-04-30: Sistine Chapel, Vatican City, Vatican
The Edge performs three songs at the Sistine Chapel with a young Irish Choir.
- 2016-07-01: Starmus Festival, Arona, Spain
Bono and The Edge appear at the Starmus Festival via a pre-recorded video.
- 2017-01-21: 6th Street and Broadway, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Edge performs with Juliette Lewis, Abby Travers, and Brad Wilk at the Los Angeles Women’s March.
- 2017-07-01: Parliament Hill, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Bono and The Edge help Canada celebrate the 150th anniversary of the founding of the country, appearing on Parliament Hill to perform “One.”
- 2017-11-27: Voila! Creative Studios, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge attend a listening party for Songs of Experience.
- 2017-11-30: American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform three songs at the 2017 American Museum of Natural History Gala.
- 2017-12-04: SiriusXM Studios, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge appear on The Howard Stern Show as part of the promotional tour for Songs of Experience.
- 2018-04-09: St. Mary's Church, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge attend, and sing at the funeral of Dave Kavanagh.
- 2018-05-14: Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and perform a number of songs.
- 2018-06-30: Waterfront, Bourne, MA, USA
Bono and The Edge do a short acoustic show for winners of a radio contest on Mix 104.1. Many more watch from the water.
- 2018-12-24: The Gaiety Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and the Edge join other artists including Glen Hansard, Imelda May, and Danny O’Reilly, for a Christmas Eve busk outside the Gaiety Theatre.
- 2019-12-09: Grace Park Dining, Manila, The Philippines
Bono and The Edge eat out at Grace Park Restaurant on their first night in Manila with Guy Oseary and are filmed singing “We Wish You A Merry Christmas.”
- 2020-12-11: RTE Television Centre, Donnybrook, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge appear to busk on The Late Late Show
- 2021-05-04: Unknown Location, London, England
Bono and The Edge pre-record their live performance with Martin Garrix for the UEFA EURO 2020 opening ceremony.
- 2021-10-01: Bono's Home, Eze, France
Bono and Edge perform on The Late Late Show for Bob Geldof’s appearance. It airs on Oct. 1, but may have been recorded earlier.
- 2022-01-30: Unknown, Unknown
For the 50th anniversary of the Bloody Sunday massacre during The Troubles in Ireland, Bono and the Edge perform an acoustic version of the song.
- 2022-04-06: St. Ann's Warehouse, Brooklyn, NY
Bono and The Edge perform at a tribute / memorial show for music producer Hal Willner who passed in 2020.
- 2022-04-08: Unknown, Unknown
Bono and The Edge perform a highly altered version of “Walk On” for #StandUpForUkraine
- 2022-05-08: Khreshchatyk Metro Station, Kyiv, Ukraine
Bono and The Edge perform a short concert in the Khreshchatyk metro station in Ukraine.
- 2022-05-08: Unknown Location, Kyiv, Ukraine
- 2022-11-05: Microsoft Theater, Los Angeles, CA
The Edge appears to induct the Eurythmics into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- 2022-12-14: Ambassador Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
- 2022-12-15: McDaid's Pub, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge appear at McDaid’s pub, just off of Grafton Street, to perform with Glen Hansard, Imelda May and many others.
- 2023-01-06: Mike's Camp, Kiwayu Island, Kenya
The Edge participates in a small musical session while on vacation.
- 2023-02-13: National Public Radio Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
- 2023-02-26: Electric Brixton, London, England
Bono and The Edge join the Ukrainian group Antytila on stage in London for a performance of “Mothers of the Disappeared”
- 2023-03-08: The Orpheum Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
Bono and Edge attend the Hollywood premiere of Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming in Los Angeles.
- 2023-08-11: National Theatre, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bono and The Edge make an appearance at the Sarajevo Film Festival and perform “Redemption Song” after a showing of the film, Kiss the Future.
Related Discography: The Edge SoloA list of all the solo projects by The Edge For full news please visit our news page.