Larry Mullen Solo Appearances
Below are listed all of the appearances by Larry Mullen, where he does not perform with all of U2.
Larry Mullen Solo Dates
- 1976-12-31: The Hamlet, Johnstownbridge, Ireland
The Edge and Larry Mullen play with The Drifting Cowboys, a country act, and this is the first time either get paid for performing.
- 1977-01-02: The Hamlet, Johnstownbridge, Ireland
Edge and Larry Mullen play a second show with The Drifting Cowboys, their first paid gigs as musicians.
- 1978-09: Howth Community Centre, Howth, Dublin, Ireland
Larry Mullen sits in on drums for the Modulators in their first gig supporting Rocky De Valera and the Gravediggers.
- 1978-12-19: McGonagle's, Dublin, Ireland
U2 play at the Hot Press Christmas Party held at McGonagles along with a number of other bands.
- 1980-05-01: Unknown Bar, Dublin, Ireland
Bono, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen all join The Mystery Men on stage on a night out in Dublin.
- 1982-03-06: OK Club, Tallahassee, Florida
Bono, Adam and Larry are invited onstage with a local band, and play “I Will Follow” with Bono on guitar.
- 1982-08-31: Sutton Castle, Howth, Ireland
The Edge, Adam and Larry join Paul Brady for a jam at Bono’s wedding reception.
- 1986-06-10: Ramada Hotel Bar, Atlanta, Georgia
A number of musicians gather in the hotel bar to perform, and it is known that Bono, Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton all were present and performed that night. The Edge was present but it is not known if he performed.
- 1986-12-31: Home of The Edge, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge and Larry join other musicians at a New Year’s Eve party at the home of The Edge for a song.
- 1993-01-20: Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC, USA
Larry and Adam join Mike Mills and Michael Stipe from “R.E.M.” at MTV’s Inaugural Ball to perform “One” under the name “Automatic Baby,” a mashup of album names.
- 1993-02-11: Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge, Bono, and Larry Mullen perform “Big River” with Johnny Cash.
- 1994-10-05: The Point Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Larry Mullen appears in concert with Nanci Griffith in Dublin.
- 2001-12-02: American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL, USA
Larry Mullen appears with Garbage ahead of the U2 performance.
- 2002-02-25: Hanover Quay Studio, Dublin, Ireland
U2 minus Adam Clayton perform “Beat on the Brat” for the NME Awards via a pre-recorded video.
- 2006-05-25: The Summit Bar, Howth, Ireland
Larry Mullen takes the stage with a local covers band, playing two U2 songs.
- 2011-04-14: Bar Secreto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Bono, The Edge, and Larry join Dom Howard from Muse singing karaoke and performing with local musicians.
- 2014-05-23: La Osteria, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
At a small restaurant in Mexico, Larry spots a drum kit and starts to play and is soon joined by Bono and The Edge for “Desire.”
- 2014-12-01: Times Square, New York, NY, USA
Bono is injured and cannot make this performance, so Larry, Adam and the Edge perform five songs with guest vocalists.
- 2016-11-26: Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Larry Mullen joins the band The Usual Suspects for a performance of “Vertigo”.
- 2017-01-20: Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA, USA
Larry Mullen is awarded a lifetime achievement award by Yamaha and later performs with Randy Brecker, Butch Walker and Nathan East.
- 2018-01-19: General Post Office, Dublin, Ireland
Larry Mullen plays on a song at an annual benefit hosted by the Dublin Lions Club to raise money for the homeless.
Related Discography: Larry Mullen SoloA list of all the solo projects by Larry Mullen For full news please visit our news page.